Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Back to school...the UK...and skateboarding! (my first blog!)

Today I decided to go back to school. I only need a few math classes and a physical science class to have enough the general education credits to transfer from community college to a Cal State school. Because the word decision implies action I went to the school today, met with a counselor, figured out what I still need to take, and put in an application. I will soon take the assessment test for placement in the appropriate math class and get an appointment for registration (hopefully before summer session begins). I am hopeful and excited...and a little scared all at once. I often talk about doing things and it felt so good to have actually done some footwork today. About 5 years ago I lost sight of my desire to learn and since then my goals have changed also. I used to think that I wanted a BA in Psychology and now I am much more drawn to English and Art as I have gotten to know myself better. So my focus will be on a BA in English at a Cal State in the next 3 years or so.

I'm currently obsessed with all things UK. Films, music, actors, accents, etc. I've been listening to the new Art Brut album called Art Brut vs. Satan and a couple of Bloc Party albums as well as Joss Stone and The streets. Last week I received 3 DVD's that I ordered from Amazon.co.uk and what I didn't realize is that different countries have different codes for DVD players to avoid piracy and such. Out of the 3 films 2 were films that I could only aquire from the UK, The Escapist and Clubbed. And the 3rd film was Guy Richie's Rocknrolla. I've been able to watch the movies on my computer, but not on my TV. Tonight I will try to hack my DVD player so that I can watch the movies on my TV on a much larger screen. After watching The Escapist and Clubbed on a small computer screen and being amply entertained, I can't wait to see them on a larger screen. This is the healthiest kind of obsession I've had for a long time.

And today I discovered this video: http://vimeo.com/1340684

I'm still trying to figure out who the music is by and where it was filmed, but its beautiful and breath-taking. Enjoy!

~Sweet Little Porkchop <3

No comments:

Post a Comment